Under 16s

Junior team

Dawlish Town 4-0 Denbury

Dawlish Town under sixteen’s were struck down today by injury and absentees with six players missing from the starting line up. The boys were going to have to play with ten players and the game looked a fore gone conclusion. But all credit to each player they played their hearts out and with some of the best passing football they have played all season they left the Denbury team shell shocked.

In fact Dawlish Keeper Tom Singleton had very little to do all game and was really only called into action once with a superb tip over in the second half. Mitch Simms, Ryan O’Callaghan and Aaron Small were commanding at the back, Ryan Locket Jamie Hughes, Chris Streeter and James Davies knocked the ball around in the midfield, closing down Denbury at every opportunity and supplying Damien Furnivall and Ben Towler with some superb through balls all game.
Denbury had no answer to the quality that they were up against. Goals from Furnivall, Towler and a well taken penalty from Simms gave Dawlish Town a fantastic result. Manager Ally O’Callaghan was very proud of all the players and over the moon with their commitment, intelligences and the work rate of every Dawlish player “they were a credit to themselves and me” he said after the game.


Dawlish Town 3-1 Clyst Rovers

Dawlish under 16’s won a hard fought game against a resilient Clyst side. The formation was changed around so that players that have been loyal to the club this season were given opportunities to be part of the playing side. James Davies started at right back and was made captain for the match as a reward for his hard work in training and commitment to the Club. Moving from right back to centre back was Ryan Locket and Ryan O’Callaghan moved into the midfield to strengthen the side in that area. The game was tight with both teams giving little away but Dawlish did have the better of the chances and really should have put the ball in the net on more than one occasion. Then against the run of play Clyst scored and this then spurred them on.

After half time Dawlish change the attacking formation taking off Ben Towler and moving Mitch Simms from right wing to up front along side Damian Furnivall and Adam Dobbin filling in on the right wing. This gave Dawlish grater impetus to attack with their favourite ball over the top and both the two Dawlish forward used their pace to cause havoc in the Clyst defence. It wasn’t long before Dawlish scored the equaliser with Mitch Simms running into the Clyst penalty area and skilfully holding off a couple of challenges to hit the net. It was soon Two-One to Dawlish when Furnivall ran onto a through ball and was then upended by the Clyst keeper and Mitch Simms coolly converted the spot kick. Not long after Furnivall was rewarded for his efforts with the third goal running into the area and after rounding the Clyst keeper and holding off a challenge from Clyst defender walked the ball into the net to make it Three-One.


Topsham town 1-5 Dawlish Town

Dawlish Town under sixteen’s had what can only be describe as their best display of the season against a very good Topsham outfit today. The game was less than five minutes old when Damien Furnivall continued his goal count for the season with a poacher’s goal after a Jordan Edgecombe shot hit the bar and Furnivall was on hand to dispatch the rebound into the net giving the Topsham keeper no chance.

Dawlish continued to play excellent flowing football, but still had to be aware with the quality that Topsham had at their disposal, they were always going to pose a threat and on more than one occasion Dawlish needed the handling skills of the ever improving Tom Singleton in the Dawlish goal. The second goal came from Ben Towler who was on hand to finish another great move by the Dawlish midfield.

As the game moved towards half time Furnivall gave the Topsham defence the run around and was rewarded with a penalty when the Topsham keeper upended him as he ran through the six yard box. The penalty was coolly despatch by Mitch Simms making it three-nil to Dawlish. The Boys were told during the half time team talk to expect Topsham to start the second half strongly and that is exactly what happened. The ball was floated into the Dawlish six yard box five minutes into the second half evading the central defenders and finish well by the Topsham striker making it three- one.

But it wasn’t long before Dawlish had regained the initiative when Towler was on hand to finish after a goal scramble in the Topsham six yard box making it Four-one to Dawlish and getting his second goal of the day. Furnivall continued to cause problems all day and was rewarded with his efforts with the fifth goal for Dawlish and also his second goal of the match, completing a fantastic all round display by the whole team. Special mention should go to debutant Ryan Gay in midfield, who had an excellent game giving Dawlish more bite in that particular area of the park and also to Mitch Simms who filled in at right back and gave a commanding display.



Dawlish Town under sixteen’s came back from a three week break with a bang, the game also saw the return of Damien Furnivall to the team after a change of heart about what he wanted to do and the rest of the team and Management were pleased to see him back. The game started steadily, but it wasn’t long before Dawlish started to apply pressure to the Clyst back four.

Furnivall especially caused all sorts of problems, and but for the Clyst goal keeper Dawlish would have gone ahead a lot earlier than they did ,and when Dawlish finally opened their account it was Furnivall who scored with a great chip into the Clyst net giving the keeper no chance. Vito Percinovic ran the midfield spurred on by his inclusion in the Dawlish Town Reserve squad for Wednesday nights game at Barnstable. Also playing well was Mitch Simms who after rounding two Clyst defenders hit a beautiful shot into the right hand corner of the net giving the Clyst keeper no chance, and making the score two- nil.

Dawlish had a number of chances to increase the lead and again the normally reliable Ben Towler missed with only the keeper to beat having done all the hard work with some great foot work in creating space for himself and maybe on a different day he would have buried the shot but it was not to be. Half time came and went, Clyst started a little bit livelier and could have scored but Tom Singleton was equal to anything that was thrown at him. Dawlish then hit Clyst on the brake with Furnivall on fire making it three-nil.

There was then an incident when the ref pulled up the Clyst keeper for carrying the ball outside his area and from the resulting free kick Aaron Small hit an unstoppable shot into the Clyst net making it four- nil but this was only after the Clyst assistant manager was sent from the ground for his outburst towards the ref regarding his decision. Dawlish continued to push, Furnivall scored a well deceived hat trick when he rounded the keeper and Mitch Simms finish the rout off when the Clyst defensive offside trap failed, tapping in from across laid in to his path by Furnivall. The boys are now gearing up for the season run in and with the youth policy now paying dividends at Dawlish Town football club and with the new Partnership at Newton Abbot Football Club the future for all the boys is looking very positive, with some of them stepping up to play senior football now and the rest looking forward to next season were they will all have a opportunity to shine at various levels of men football.


Denbury 1-1 Dawlish Town

Another frustrating day for Dawlish Town under sixteen’s as they came up against bottom of the table Denbury. The team started off with Sean McArdle partnering Ben Towler up front, and Adam Dobbin making his full debut on the right of midfield. With the poor run of results that Dawlish have been suffering lately this was good opportunity to return to winning ways. Dawlish started off well with number of opportunities to take the lead, the best of these falling to the normally reliable Towler, who with a one-on-one with the Denbury keeper hit it tamely straight into his arms.

The first half continued in the same vane with enough chances for Dawlish to go into half time with at least a two goal lead, but as has been the case the ball just wouldn’t go in to the Denbury net. In the second half Dawlish made a number of changes bringing on super sub Vito Vladimir Percinovic, Callum sick note Hale and I am off to play men’s football at Newton Spurs Mitch Simms.

Soon Dawlish were applying even greater pressure onto the Denbury defence, but has been the case all season Dawlish were struck down with a injury to one of their key players and not surprisingly it was Sick note Hale who took a tumble in the centre circle after being badly tackled . Dawlish were forced to reshuffle the mid field and this took its toll on the team. Dawlish still managed to create chances but with their defensive midfielder off Denbury were starting to find more space it the middle of the park.

Dawlish finally found the net after sixty minutes with a well taken goal supplied by Percinovic and finished by Simms. Dawlish continued to push but with their midfield stretched Denbury started to have more of the play. Dawlish soon had the ball in the back of the Denbury after Towler latched onto a lose ball after a scramble in the Denbury box, but the ref blow for off side even though the Denbury manager kept his flag down, but that just shows some of the luck that Dawlish are having to suffer at this moment in time and soon after this poor decision Denbury were back all square when Dawlish Towns right back was caught out of position and Denbury got the ball round the back of the Dawlish defence and into the net. Dawlish continued to push but to no avail, so with a three week break and one or two new signings during this break the team hope for better fortune in the run up to the end of the season.